tips for connecting to another’s higher self
A wonderful way to find clarity and healing in a relationship, including with a loved one who’s passed or someone you are no longer in touch with, is to connect with their higher self and begin a dialoging process. If you have an important decision to make or upcoming discussion in a relationship (whether it be with a friend, significant other, family member or in business), this process may also provide some of the insight and higher purpose knowledge that will help you in proceeding in a manner in the best interest of both of you.
Of course, permission must always be sought when connecting to another, and this can be done intuitively.
1. To begin, you may wish to set the mood for meditation, whatever it is you like to do…relaxing music, candle, soft lighting, pleasant scent.
2. Get comfortable and centre yourself. Connect with your breath and close your eyes if you like (or bring your gaze to a soft focus if you are reading).
3. Ask to set aside your ego, and state your intention to connect to your higher self. You may wish to invite in any angels or guides you connect with. Imagine yourself surrounded in white light.
4. See an image of the person you wish to connect with in your mind’s eye; see them surrounded with light. If you do not sense the other person, ask to be given a scent, sound, shape or colour symbolic of their higher self; invite them to come forward. Ask their permission to connect to their higher self. Trust what you sense.
5. If you hear, feel or sense a ‘no’ response, then allow them this right, as it may not be the best time. Try this process at another time if you wish. You can still surround this situation/relationship with an intention of healing (or the best possible outcome for both of you) ~ that in itself brings wonderful transformational energy.
6. If you feel there is a ‘yes’ answer, you may proceed forward.
7. Begin to speak with them. Tell them anything you wish to express. Any questions you have can be asked now. You can even sense a response or words. Find clarity on how they view the situation. Interestingly, the way the other’s higher self communicates still reflects some of their personality, and you may even sense a certain tone to their voice, specific words or energy or mannerisms that make sense for them.
8. Even if you feel you are making this process up, there is valuable information here. If you don’t feel you are hearing a specific answer, examine their energy ~ you may find the answer in how they present themselves. You may also ask that communication between you two happen in your dream state, or ask that guidance/answers be presented to you in the coming week. Trust that you will find clarity/healing and be open to however it comes.
9. Some questions you may wish to ask are: a) How do you view this situation/relationship? b) What is/was your intention? c) What learning is this relationship/situation providing for you? Ask your own higher self the purpose for you. d) What can their higher self tell you that will provide you with more understanding/healing? e) Ask, what do you need from me and tell them what you need from them. f) How can we heal this? How is best to move forward? What one action today will help us move forward?
10. If this is a person that hurt you, you may wish to get some feelings out: a) What do you most need to tell them? Say this now. You are safe here to do this now. b) What positive qualities have you gained from the situation…strength, compassion, courage, resolve? [You may wish to read our sister blog article on Soul Connections.]
11. When you are done dialoguing, thank their higher self for connecting with you. Thank any guides and angels that were present. Thank yourself for taking the time to learn, heal and grow.
12. Come back gently now, beginning to move your hands and feet. Open your eyes (or bring the room more into focus) when you are ready. To further ground, you may wish to put your right hand on the crown of your head and your left hand at the base of your spine.
We hope this process has brought you some insight and healing. Holding the intention of everyone’s highest good is a wonderful way to release restrictions and smooth the path ahead. Don’t be surprised if you notice a marked improvement in this relationship or your feelings towards them. It is not uncommon to hear from the other person after this process, even if you have not for a while (they will have felt your energetic connection at some level). Know that you can do this process again with anyone at anytime with their permission. Transformation, guidance and healing are always available so that we may truly move forward, embracing the present moment and all that life has to offer!
Copyright © 2010 InnerVitality, all rights reserved. | Visit our website at www.InnerVitality.com and we invite you to follow us on Twitter! For more Spiritual Development Tips visit our sister blog, SatyaSoul.
Let us know how this process worked for you. Comments are always welcomed…