your body’s energy centres
Physical health, emotions and mental thought patterns affect our energy levels. The more positive our belief systems, the more resilient our energy systems become. When energy centres are open ~ we function harmoniously in body, mind and spirit.
The suppression of feelings locks our emotions into our subconscious where they congest energy flow from the body’s energy centres. When these centres are closed ~ we are unbalanced and open to negativity and ‘dis-ease’. If a disturbance is not addressed in the aura (the energetic field surrounding our physical body) or energy centres, a clinical condition or physical body symptom may occur.
There are seven major energy centres of the body, which are referred to as chakras, and a colour and gland is associated with each:
Crown Chakra, violet or white
* located at the top of the head
* associated with the pineal gland
* centre for connection to spirit
Third Eye Chakra (also known as the Brow Chakra), indigo
* located in the centre of the eyebrows
* associated with the pituitary gland
* centre for intuition and inner knowing
Throat Chakra, sky blue
* located at the throat
* associated with the thyroid gland
* centre for communication
Heart Chakra, emerald green or pink
* located under the thymus, above the breasts
* associated with the thymus gland
* centre for giving and receiving of love
Solar Plexus Chakra, yellow
* located above the navel
* associated with the pancreas gland
* centre for personal power and will
Sacral Chakra (also known as the Spleen, Navel or Sexual Chakra), orange
* located below the navel
* associated with the reproductive glands
* creative and sexual centre
Root Chakra (also known as the Base Chakra), ruby red
* located at the base of the spine
* associated with the adrenal glands
* survival centre
Lifestyle changes, a healthy diet, exercise and positive mental attitudes play a key role in maintaining energy channels in the body.
In the words of Doreen Virtue, “Like taking a nap, getting a foot rub, or taking a nature walk, chakra clearing is a natural avenue to greater peace, perspective, and vitality.”
Many energy therapies, including Reiki, help to unblock and clear the chakras.
Copyright © 2009-2010 InnerVitality, All rights reserved | Visit our website at www.InnerVitality.com and InnerVitality’s Holistic Health Treatment offerings in Toronto, Canada. Follow us on Twitter: @Inner_Vitality, @SatyaSoul.