If you’re considering a significant change in your life, here is an exercise from spiritual teacher Dick Sutphen that has benefited me greatly over the years. It can assist you in deeply exploring the situation and motivating yourself to take action where it’s of benefit.
Set about 20 minutes aside, and begin by getting yourself in a relaxed, meditative state. Have the intention of connecting with your Higher Self, and answer the following questions, jotting down anything that comes to mind without censoring yourself:
- To change is to risk, and behind every risk, is a fear of loss of love, loss of control, loss of material possessions, or loss of self-esteem. Which fear applies to the change you are considering?
- What is the clear purpose of your desire?
- Often people do not pursue changes until the fear of doing so, is exceeded by the pain of not doing so. How does this relate to your situation? Explore the potential pain of making the change, opposed to continuing to live your life exactly as it is.
- If you are keeping one foot in the safety zone, refusing to move forward into this change, what do you need to do to make it alright with yourself to act, to take the risk?
- What is the worst that could happen if you go ahead and make this change, and it does not work out?
- What is the best that could happen if you go ahead and make the change, and it works out wonderfully?
- Is the potential loss greater than the potential gain?
- Who else would like to see you make this change?
- Who would prefer you did not make this change?
- If you’re afraid in regard to making this change, what is holding you back?
- If you make this change, will it result in a more honest and freer life?
- If you make this change, could it improve the quality of your life?
- Take a few moments to visualize this change, if everything works out as best as can be.
- Is this what you want to happen…yes or no?
- If you do want to make this change in your life, it’s time to call out to the positive powers of the Universe and ask for their assistance in manifesting this change in your life. Commit to acting. You can’t grow without taking chances. And if you’ve decided to make this change in your life, don’t sit back and wait for the perfect moment to act, as it almost never comes. Commit to acting immediately.
Every day is a fresh opportunity to begin again and create the changes our hearts desire.
Copyright © 2014 InnerVitality, All Rights Reserved | Visit InnerVitality’s website at www.InnerVitality.com and I invite you to follow me on Twitter! If you are interested in chanelled messages and spiritual development tips, visit InnerVitality’s angel blog, SatyaSoul.